...is hot again!
hottest book about Cuba to appear in years is Christopher P. Baker's acclaimed MOON HANDBOOKS: CUBA... the #1 choice of the 1.9 million foreign visitors to Cuba in 2003!
For the Active Traveler...
The MOON HANDBOOKS: CUBA provides
all the information essential to planning for travel to and through Cuba, including:
- Complete accommodations listings and reviews, including recommendations for staying in private casas particulares
- Comprehensive getting there
information, including ways for every U.S. citizen to travel to Cuba legally... flying there from Miami, Mexico, Canada, The Bahamas, and dozens of other destinations... tour companies and organizations offering programs for everyone from art-lovers to cigar connoisseurs... getting there by cruise ship or private boat... and much more!
- Everything you need to know about getting around by air, rail, bus, car, taxi, bicycle, hitchhiking, or organized excursion tour
- Comprehensive sections on visas and officialdom... arts and entertainment... recreation... food and drink... services... health and safety... money... communications... tourist information...
- Regional chapters covering the entire country and including a 126-page section on Havana
and complete regional information on sightseeing, where to stay, where to eat, entertainment, shopping, etc.
- A comprehensive language section, including Cuban-Spanish colloquialisms and an essential Spanish Phrasebook.
- And much, much more!
For the Armchair Traveler...
In addition, MOON HANDBOOKS: CUBA
takes an unbiased, no-holds-barred look at Cuba, offered in the erudite and entertaining style that has garnered author Christopher P. Baker more than a dozen major awards... including "Best Travel Guide"
awards from both the Publisher's Marketing Association and the Society of American Travel Writers for his best-selling MOON HANDBOOKS: COSTA RICA.
MOON HANDBOOKS: CUBA
- A lucid, in-depth 112-page exploration of Cuba's culture and turbulent history plus related themes, with separate sections on The Land... Flora & Fauna... Conservation... History...
Government... The Economy... and the Cuban People and Society.
- Fascinating sidebars on such topics as Sex and Tourism... the CIA's Dirty Tricks... The Mob in Cuba... Che Guevara... Colonial Architecture... Ernest Hemingway...
and a six-page profile on Fidel Castro that reveals the man behind the mask.
- Plenty of detailed information for the cigar lover, including special sidebars on Cuban Cigars... Cigar Factories... and Buying Cuban CigarS.