The Moon Handbooks: Costa Rica has consistently received
rave reviews since its debut in 1994.
narrow bridge separating the Caribbean from the Pacific, and North America from South America, Costa Rica is a wonderland of rumbling volcanoes, dense forests, and wildlife as diverse as anywhere on earth. The
Moon Handbooks: Costa Rica
introduces you to this peaceful nation's people, history, and natural beauty and guides you through every corner of the country, paying particular in-depth attention to its national parks and reserves.
For the Active Traveler...
The Moon Handbooks Costa Rica provides all
the information essential to planning for travel to and throughout Costa Rica, including:
Complete accommodations listings and reviews, including recommendations for nature lodges, camping, and
special hotels worth the extra mile
- Comprehensive getting there
information, including every possible option for special interest tours and charter package vacations, plus complete listings and details of tour companies and organizations offering programs for everyone from birders to bicyclists... and more!
- Everthing you need to know about getting around by air, bus, car, taxi, bicycle, hitchhiking, or organized excursion tour
- Comprehensive sections on visas and officialdom... arts and entertainment... recreation... food and drink... services... health and safety... money... communications... tourist information...
- Regional chapters covering the entire country plus complete regional information on sightseeing, where to stay, where to eat, entertainment, shopping, etc.
- A comprehensive language section, including Costa Rican colloquialisms and an essential Spanish Phrasebook.
- And much, much more!
For the Armchair Traveler...
In addition, the Moon Handbooks: Costa Rica
offers the most complete section on wildlife, conservation, and ecosystems, written in the erudite and entertaining style that has helped earn author Christopher P. Baker "Best Travel Guide"
awards from both the Publisher's Marketing Association and the Society of American Travel Writers for the first edition of the Moon Handbooks: Costa Rica.
Moon Handbooks: Costa Rica provides:
- A detailed 70-page exploration of Costa Rica's rainforests, cloud forests, tropical dry forests and other ecosystems, with separate sections on The Land... Flora & Fauna... and
Conservation... as well as detailed sections on History... Government... The Economy... and the Costa Rican People and Society.
- Fascinating sidebars on such topics as Costa Rica and the Sandinista Revolution... Prostitution... How the Motmot Got its Tail... Plate Tectonics: A World in Upheaval... Sharks in the Rio
San Juan?... and Turtle Watching.
- Plenty of detailed information for the active vacationer, including an entire chapter devoted to Outdoor and Recreational Activities