Whether you're lured bythe
legendary nightlife, the incredible colonial architecture, or the discovery of 1950s cacharros rumbling down the road to the rhythm of the rhumba on the radio, the MOON HANDBOOKS' HAVANA opens the
doors to travel in the Cuban capital.
For the Active Traveler...
MOON HANDBOOKS' HAVANA provides all the information essential to planning for travel to and in Havana, including:
- Complete accommodations listings and reviews, including recommendations for staying in private casas particulares
- Comprehensive getting there
information, including ways for every U.S. citizen to travel to Cuba legally... flying there from Miami, Mexico, Canada, The Bahamas, and dozens of other destinations... tour companies and organizations offering programs for everyone from art-lovers to cigar connoisseurs... getting there by cruise ship or private boat... and much more!
- Everything you need to know about getting around by air, rail, bus, car, taxi, bicycle, or organized excursion tour
- Comprehensive sections on visas and officialdom... arts and entertainment... recreation... food and drink... services... health and safety... money... communications... tourist information...
- Complete regional information on sightseeing, where to stay, where to eat, entertainment, shopping, etc.
- A comprehensive language section, including Cuban-Spanish colloquialisms and an essential Spanish Phrasebook.
- And much, much more!
For the Armchair Traveler...
In addition, the MOON HANDBOOKS' HAVANA
takes an unbiased, no-holds-barred look at Cuba, offered in the erudite and entertaining style that has garnered author Christopher P. Baker more than a dozen major awards... including "Best Travel Guide"
awards from both the Publisher's Marketing Association and the Society of American Travel Writers for his best-selling MOON HANDBOOKS' COSTA RICA.
The MOON HANDBOOKS' HAVANA provides:
- A lucid, in-depth exploration of Havana's culture and turbulent history.
- Fascinating sidebars on such topics as Sex and Tourism... the CIA's Dirty Tricks... The Mob in Cuba... Colonial Architecture... Ernest Hemingway...
and a six-page profile on Fidel Castro that reveals the man behind the mask.
- Plenty of detailed information for the cigar lover, including special sidebars on Cuban Cigars... Cigar Factories... and Buying Cuban CigarS.